Green Tips for Energy Efficency
Suburban Carting’s goal is to act as a responsible member of the business community. We strive to reduce, reuse and recycle in all aspects of our business practice. We hope that our customers, partners, vendors and employees share in this goal. Here are some ways you can do your part to help the environment at the office and at home.
Green Office Tips
- Use an old copy paper box at your desk to collect paper for recycling. You can then deposit it in a centralized office bin once a week or as necessary.
- Use email or voice mail instead of faxes whenever possible. It will save paper for the sender and the recipient.
- Use your computer's print preview feature to make sure documents will print how you want. You'll save paper and ink.
- Turn off the auto confirmation feature on your fax machine. This will save a sheet of paper every time you fax.
- Print items double sided or re-feed paper into your printer or fax so you are using both sides.
- Need scrap paper for lists or messages? Turn over an old document and write on the back. You can even pre-cut these into a convenient size and keep it handy on your desk.
- Use shredded copy paper to cushion fragile care packages. Fold cardboard boxes flat and save to reuse for shipping in the future.
Green Tips At Home
- Pack a litter-less lunch for work, school or any meals away from home. Avoid store-bought single servings and instead use reusable containers to pack your lunch.
- Buy bulk and economy sizes for your kid’s school snacks. Portion servings into reusable containers once a week so you can grab and go when packing lunch.
- Bring a reusable mug to your favorite coffee shop.
- When at a fast food restaurant, minimize waste by taking only the number of napkins and plastic utensils you will need.
- Go paperless. Consider reading your newspaper and magazine subscriptions online. Switch to electronic banking and credit card payment, too.
- Bring your own bags to the grocery store. If you forget and have to use store bags, opt for paper.
- Email party invites and holiday greetings to your friends online. You’ll save a stamp and some paper.
Suburban Carting Can Tell You How to Go Green
As one of the leading waste management companies in Westchester and Putnam counties, Suburban Carting offers green tips that are environmentally friendly and simple to implement. To learn more, call us at (914) 698-4300 or visit our contact page.